Saturday, March 3, 2018

Medical Monday: Part Three---Well, Medical THURSDAY Actually

    Thursday of last week, I had my second session with my new physiotherapist, Alison, from CBI (I'm still not sure what the initials stand for but I swear I'll find out), here in London. We will be attempting to meet on Mondays and Thursdays for about a month but with this past Monday having been a Family Day holiday here in Ontario, we are going with one visit this week.
These were ALL I had to do! But DID I?
    Last week, Alison discovered how bad of a patient I have been! After our first visit, a little over a week ago, she had given me exercises to do at home, twice a day. These were pretty simple and quick exercises to do and I had done them....once! Alison did a pretty good job of being non-judgmental and keeping her outrage in check and went on to describe to me easier times of day to get them done. I had been attending the gym, however, and some of the work I had done there fairly closely mimicked the exercises Alison had given me so, in my mind, I was at least a little off the hook.
    We then got into some bending and stretching of the knee and quads after which some foam rolling on the IT band, a little more of the TENS machine and then some ultrasound. After all that, Alison tapes my knee again. The tape job she did 10 days ago held up for the whole time and I actually had to pry it off my knee Wednesday night. Much leg hair came off with it and, in anticipation of another tape job the following day, I shaved my knee. Cuz I'm smart that way. So, with my knee freshly taped, I headed off again.
   After  a brief stop at home, it was off to see my chiropractor, Zeinin. She immediately asked me what was new (almost like she knew something was new) and I told her I was now doing physio for my knee. She asked if I'd been sent home from physio with exercises to do and as soon as I said "yes", she knew I hadn't been doing them! She's that good! She then did all her usual manipulations on me (even worked on my sinuses) and then I was done with my Medical Thursday.
   The knee has been feeling much better. I have no doubt that I could go running through the forest without any difficulties. This, however, was not the reason for diving into the world of medical intervention, though. Primarily, I want to feel as though I could run full-out and not have my knee explode. Tomorrow, I see Alison again and I might just ask her when...
   
   

1 comment:

  1. Clamshells seem to be the go-to exercise! Keep doing those damn exercises and Google more when you're done. It will help!

    ReplyDelete