Monday, October 22, 2012

Welcome to "Strides"!

Doralyn, the instigator, and I
   Hello everyone and welcome to "Strides"!
   I have been thinking for some time that I would like to start a second blog, something a little more specialized than "Neanderings". The problem I had was what to write about.
   "Neanderings" has satisfied my desire to write about whatever popped into my head whenever it popped in there. At the same time, I also wanted to perhaps concentrate on one area, aimed at one particular audience.
   Over a period of time, it occurred to me that it would be kind of cool to write about one of my new-found interests---running! If you've been following "Neanderings" recently you'll probably remember that Doralyn, as a Father's Day present, signed me up to a Learn-to-Run clinic at the downtown London Running Room store. Since early August I've been running three times a week, as part of the clinic. In early October I took part in my first "target race", the annual Gobbler Gallop here in London. The race was a success, simply because I survived!
   I've enjoyed the process even more than I thought I might. And now it seems as though I should write about it! So I'm going to!
   I doubt very much that the posts will fly as fast and furious with "Strides" as they have been with "Neanderings". There are a few subjects for posts I've had rolling around in my head for a while now so I might be busy for a bit. After a while, though, I'm sure things will slow down a touch. I'm sure the physical appearance of the blog will likely change as well as I experiment with the look and feel of it.
   Hopefully the new blog will be fun to read. I am not a "die-hard", seasoned runner. Far from it. So the tone of the blog will be low-key, possibly informative (as I learn) and hopefully at least a little humourous.
   Enjoy! (whenever I get started...)
  
  
  

2 comments:

  1. Love your poncho Doralyn!! Looking forward to the new blog Brian, I have been walking; maybe this will inspire me to try jogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Louise, those learn-to-run classes start off with a heck of a lot of walking and then work up from there! Looking forward to a blog with a different focus, too. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete