Saturday, November 10, 2012

5km !! (sort of by accident...)

   Today was yet another scheduled running day. The plan for today was to run 4K  and this is what I set out to do. It had warmed up a bit so it was kind of nice not having to wear any extra layers!
   I had still planned on taking a scheduled walk break about half way through but this time I didn't set the timer, I just remembered where I stopped the last time and figured I would simply try and run a little farther this time.
   This part was not a problem. I did get a little farther and then walked for about a minute. I wasn't really happy about walking for the minute but it was part of the plan so I stuck to it.
Where I am headed
   The last couple of times I've finished a 4K run, it seemed as though there was still a little left in the tank and I had been wondering those other times how much further I might actually be able to go. Today I decided that if I felt this way again I might just add another half K to the run.
   When I finished the 4K there was still a little left in the tank so I did tack on the extra half. While doing this, I then decided if there was still some gas at the end of it all I would simply add another half K and that would bring me up to 5K. Which is what happened! Coincidentally, 5K is the length of my target run right at the moment, so I was pretty excited (in a sweaty, tired sort of way)!
   The fact of the matter is that I could probably have kept on running. I would have been running with that what the hell do I do now mindset, though, and I like to plan things out a little more than that.
I may need this on December 31st!
   So at this point my expectations have changed just a little. I can only imagine that I will try and do another 5K with my next run on Monday and see how that goes. Running the 5K today kind of crept up on me and took me by surprise and the next time I might just not feel like it. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment