Saturday, July 11, 2015

Back at it again!

      Okay, I'm back again! Who knows for how long I'll be back but I do promise to try and do a better job of this run-blogging thing from here on in!
   By my calculations, I've run once in the last three months! As explained in earlier blog posts, I hooked up with a ball hockey team at the end of Spring and have had my hands full with doing that kind of running, as opposed to any other kind. The ball hockey season (at least for my team boo-hoo) ended a couple of nights ago so now I have the opportunity to re-focus just a touch. 
   Which is good because I have a race in six days!
   A race I obviously haven't trained for!
   Thank goodness it's only a 5K race here in London and thank goodness I've at least been doing some kind of running, in the interim.
That's me in the red shirt on the left, bending
over to take away a pass. There was WAY too much of this lol!

   My team played a couple of nights a week and the kind of running I did there likely mostly equates to speed work or hill repeats for all you regular runners out there. It will be interesting to see the kind of effect this might have had on my ability to run a 5K race. I do plan on getting out today for a run and then hopefully a couple times more before next Friday's Summer Night race.
   This race is one of my favourites on the London Honda Road Race series. It is the only evening race in the series and is an out and back kind of affair which starts of from the Barking Frog bar here in London, wends its way down near the Thames River and then back again. The race has more of a party feel to it and is one of the races where we're also not all bundled up so it's quite enjoyable. There is a slight forecast of rain so fingers crossed but then again running in a warm rain ain't all that bad either!
   So I'm headed out shortly and we'll see where my legs take me. And how fast they take me there! Let you know later on!

3 comments:

  1. Have fun with it, Brian! So glad you had a good season with your ball hockey team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephani, I had fun and we had a pretty good team so it was good. And apparently they don't mind having me back for the winter league so that's something to look forward to as well! And now for some running!

      Delete
  2. Good luck & yes have fun with it. Glad to see you're back to blogging and running!

    ReplyDelete