Sunday, December 2, 2012

Doralyn, Instigator

   I've had a fair amount of fun the last few weeks and months, both running and then chronicling the adventure. There has been a fair amount of self-discovery and achievement and right at the moment I am actually quite proud of where I am and what I have been able to do.
Doralyn, maker of all things possible!
   It goes without saying, though, that none of this would ever have happened if not for my wife, Doralyn. It was her that signed us up for the Learn-to-Run clinic at the downtown Running Room, providing the impetus for all that came after. On my own, this would not have happened.
   She has become my biggest cheerleader in all of this. There have been times when I thought I was only accomplishing "baby steps". She, though, has stepped in at every turn and reminded me of how proud I should be. And, as usual, she is right!
   The fact that she is right about almost everything is not lost on me. I think there is some subtle understanding between the two of us that what we have done here will be to both our benefits in the foreseeable future--I will be healthier and she will be looking at a husband who will still be here way on down the road. There are not too many things hanging over our heads at this point in our lives but, if there is a threatening Sword of Damocles, it would be the almost fifteen year age difference. I'm pretty sure I've been blessed with good longevity genes but not only do I want to live a long life, I want to live a healthy one.
   The running will help with this but, if not for Doralyn, I'm pretty sure I'd be sitting on my butt three times a week instead of being out there, pushing my own little envelope. If you can find a woman worth making a better man of your self for, then you can't ask for much more. And this is what I've done!

No comments:

Post a Comment