Sunday, October 11, 2015

The Biggest "Thank You"!

   In my last post, I took the opportunity to thank a couple of people who had provided me (whether they knew it or not) with little bits of impetus toward me getting out of my most recent running funk.
   I quite happily finished that post and then put it out there for the world to read.
   Shortly afterwards, I realized that I really had not thanked the one person who made my whole running adventure happen in the first place---my wife, Doralyn!
   It was Doralyn who, as a birthday present, gave me a Running Room Learn-to-Run membership. It was also Doralyn who got a membership of her own at the same time so that it was something we could do together. This "doing it together" was pretty vital at the time because, as some of you may know, sometimes getting out there for a run has a lot to do with accountability. In the beginning, there were times when I simply would not have run at the appointed time if there had not been one other person with me who knew when that time was and had been counting on being there with me.
   In the years since, she has been nothing but supportive of me and my running, on an ongoing and daily basis. As much as anything, this means I'm gone for reasonably long periods at times when the two of us could have been doing something together. She also happily puts up with the aftermath---the not-so-pleasant smells, the dirty running stuff, and the occasionally muddy floors. So, along with all the other little thank-you's I owe people along the way, THANK YOU, SWEETHEART, AND I LOVE YOU!!


2 comments: