Sunday, March 27, 2016

Out With The Old, In With The New!

   So the change has been made! Goodbye to "Strides" and hello to "Ragged Cap Runner"! Woo hoo!
   I'd been thinking for a long time that I was more than overdue for a change so I spent a little agonizing time this weekend and got 'er done. Many thanks to Crystal Rhyno (go ahead, click on that and see what happens!) for her advice and PicMonkey for help with re-arranging pics, after all that I was all set to go! For some reason or other, I actually feel more like blogging now, so here goes.
Like I said, a beautiful day for a run! That's the end of my driveway,
I REALLY enjoy getting back to it!
   Went for a run today! Just a short one but the Easter weekend weather's been awesome and it was up to about 16C here in London and beautifully sunny all day so off I went.
   I only ran 5K but that's sort of what I do these days. I am going to try and start incorporating longer weekend runs in the very near future, next weekend maybe. Took a handful of walk breaks but that's nothing new either. I could actually run a whole 5K if I paced myself but I'm also attempting to run some harder stretches and I just find that I need about thirty seconds to recover after most of those. So be it!
   I managed to get a look at the official results of the Downtown 5K race I took part in this Good Friday. It was kind of one of those good news/bad news sorts of things. The bad news was that I came in last out of the guys and fourth last overall. Got beat out by an 8-year-old boy and an 80-year-old man! The good news was that I ran almost the identical time in the same race last year. Another year gone by and I'm not slowing down is how I look at that! This also acts as a huge motivator, knowing there are that many people to catch!

4 comments:

  1. Nice new look! So glad you're back at it. Whatever happened to the hockey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephani! As far as hockey goes, I'm headed out tomorrow night to play with a bunch of new guys and if I don't screw up TOO much, I'll likely be on their team this summer! Fingers crossed there!

      Delete
  2. I agree. Nice new look! Glad you figured it out. Thanks for the shout out :) Looks like everyone had good weather last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Crystal! You more than deserved a shout out!

      Delete