Friday, March 25, 2016

Time For A Change, I Think!

   Okay, after much consideration, I think "Strides" is going to disappear!
   Sometime soon, my running adventures (as infrequent as they sometimes seem to be) will hopefully re-appear as a blog entitled "Ragged Cap Runner". And you may end up seeing something like this as the title page.
   Firstly, though, I need to figure out the best way to do it. 
   Is it just as simple as going back into Blogger to the layout section and changing the title and the pic? Or would I be better off starting a new blog and just importing the old posts?
   I have no great desire to switch to WordPress or anything like that, not a real "techie" here, for sure. Tips or suggestions?

   "Strides" seemed to make wonderful sense at the time but in the intervening years it has become to feel more and more generic and less "Brian-specific". On top of all that, if I'd known at the time that there was a running store called "Strides" as well, I wouldn't have named my blog that!
   And I was being quite honest when I asked for suggestions up above! I'm pretty sure that a few bloggers out there have made similar changes and I would welcome any input!
   Until the next time, happy and safe running! 

4 comments:

  1. I migrated my blog from a wordpress-type format to blogger, and it was a nightmare. That said, maybe Blogger account to Blogger account would be better. Does this mean you'll combine the running blog with the other blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, pretty sure I would just stay with Blogger for that very reason, I've heard all sorts of horror stories about making the switch. For what I do, I think Blogger is fine. And I would continue to keep the two blogs separate.

      Delete
  2. I think you can just change the name this way: To edit your blog's title or description, click the name of the blog from your Blogger home page, then click "Settings." Hit "Edit" next to the current title of your blog to change it, and click "Save changes" when you're satisfied.

    But it may not change the URL. I don't have my blogger account anymore so I can't check. Try it and see what happens. It may be the easiest way. People would just click on the existing link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I went into Blogger and pretty well did all that and I think it turned out great! Thanks for all the advice!

      Delete