Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Hiking The Thames Valley Trail: Section 6-Komoka Provincial Park to Warbler Woods and Section 7-Warbler Woods to Byron

   I am off all this week and next so I thought I would take the opportunity to knock off another two sections of the Thames Valley Trail (TVT) today. Doralyn consented to taking me to where I left off the trail on my last outing, right at the corner of Oxford Street and Westdel Bourne. I had already walked part of this next section so that meant that today I would not have to go as far (hooray!)
   It was a foggy morning when I headed out and for the most part it stayed either foggy or cloudy but at least there was no rain. Pretty warm and humid, though. Adding to the heat, however, was the fact that I was wearing a longsleeved shirt on over one of my regular tees, in an effort to keep my fresh tattoo out of the sun. Small sacrifice!
   These were sections of the TVT I had already hiked many times before so no need for maps or directions today, which was kinda nice, just hit the trails and hike!
   The following is a large photo dump---basically me just walking the walk, once again! And if you're wondering why I include so many boring pics of street signs and things like that, it's because I understand that if you complete the TVT in a calendar year, they will send you a special badge, provided that you are able to document your journey one way or another. So...lots of pics!


Back to where I left off on my last
expedition, the little gas station
at Oxford and Westdel Bourne

Did I mention "foggy"?
The beginning of the Kains Woods trail.

A baby bunny! Hasn't been around long
enough to know he should run away!

The storm collection pond, almost totally
overgrown. The last time I was here, the
water was clear.

The start of the REAL trail!




"Leaves of three"? Poison ivy?

The end of the trail, at Oxford Street

And then down UNDER Oxford....

...and up the other side!

Headed under Commissioner's Road

About to enter Warbler Woods

In Warbler

Leaving Warbler at Timber

The walkway through to....

...Grand View Park.

Looking back up Grand View. If you
can sort of see a red brick house
with a white framed garage door and
a small blue car...well, that's MY house!

Still on Grand View, about to turn on
to Helena Montague.

At the end of Helena, turning
left on Stephen Street.

Back to Commissioner's....
...and this section of the TVT ends
across the street from Tim Horton's

Paisley under the cuffs of the longsleeved
shirt Doralyn got me from Goodwill, to
keep the sun off of....

...this amazing tattoo!

1 comment: