Friday, March 28, 2014

Kicks Pics!

   As requested (and just to wrap up my Running Room misadventure story), I wanted to post a pic of the new kicks. As you might remember, I'd been having uploading issues with Blogger and had been unable to post any pics, let alone pics of the new shoes. Well, it seems the issue was my Compatibility View settings---I'd adjusted them a few days ago and hadn't made the connection til last night. Went back in and changed them to what they were and voila, I can post pics again! Such a relief!
   The RR return policy was sixty days provided I hadn't scuffed them or used them outside. In light of this, I headed off right away to the Goodlife treadmill.
   Of course, I was pretty excited and hopped on the 'mill and started to run and all of the sudden realized I hadn't stretched! Not even a touch!


Asics Gel-Nimbus 15 LS! Here they are! (I can almost here my mum
now--"Get your shoes off the diningroom table
right this minute!")
   Now, I'm not sure what everyone else's pre-run routine is but after my bout with PF last year, stretching before and after a run has become a ritual. The idea that I was running with brand new shoes without even stretching beforehand got me all panicky and I shut the run down almost as soon as I had started.
   The next day (after the appropriate stretching), I hit the treadmill again. Ran three miles and no problems! At this point, I thought I could probably hit the streets so, the next day, I headed to Springbank Park and ran 5K. Once again, no probs. Of course, if you've ever suffered from PF, you know that no run is ever successful until the next morning and you're pain-free. It was with a little trepidation, that I rolled out of bed the following day after that 5K run outside. But, once again, no probs!
   In a running world where people seem to have anywhere up to five or six different pairs of shoes for different conditions or types of races, I now have two reliable pairs. I'm thinking this will probably do me, for the amount and kinds of running I do.
   There is, however, kind of a cool feeling around new kicks...
  
  


7 comments:

  1. Nice new kicks! They look fast like hornets! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! (hopefully I won't get stung!)

      Delete
  2. Nice shoes! I bet they will make you run like the wind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Crystal, as long as it's just a light breeze, you might be right!

      Delete
  3. I just like the name, being a Harry Potter fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol And as I am NOT a Harry Potter fan I might just have to Google that!

      Delete
    2. Googled it and I am now totally "in the know"!

      Delete