Sunday, May 26, 2013

Baby Steps: Part Two

   Buoyed by the realisation that yesterday's 1k run and 4k walk had done no harm to my plantared and fasciited right heel when I walked on it this morning, I headed out once again today to do it all over.
Smiling because I haven.t started the run portion yet.
    I walked/ran through the woods once more, running and walking at the same intervals as yesterday.
   I'm quite enjoying the trail run aspect of these rehab sessions but, man, you've gotta watch where you're going and, particularly, where you're stepping!
   The trails in Warbler Woods feature a plethora of tree roots and low-hanging branches, any one of which would put you on your butt or on your knees in a heartbeat. Occasionally, they team up on you---they get you down low while they distract up high. So I am starting to get the hang of it although the same root got me two days in a row until my memory kicked in. At some point, actually, it becomes a little like dance choreography---dipping and diving, twisting and turning.
He said my shoes were bright but...

...I wonder what he would have said about my socks!
   It was a great day to run, as well. It had warmed up a touch and, literally, there was not a cloud in the sky. The trails were full and streets were as well. At one point I passed a father and his young child and the father looked at my shoes as I passed and said "They're pretty bright!" (they are) I laughed and said "That's so the helicopters can find me!"
  
  

  
     

2 comments:

  1. Hee Hee you're funny! I LOVE your shoes. How are you liking the toes socks? I've been thinking about trying them myself.

    Thanks so much for your thoughtful comments on my blog. I really appreciate your well wishes and advice.

    The trails through Warbler Woods sound so fun. Happy-pain free-Running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Laeli, apart from friends and family, you're the first person to comment on either one of my blogs! I actually thought I'd replied to you once already but then I didn't see it here so I'm doing it over. Was reading YOUR blog today and glad to see you're feeling like you're well on the recovery road. The socks are wonderful to run in, I'd forgotten I even had them til the Scoot a Doot ladies each reviewed them on their blog. Takes awhile to get your toes in...lol but then they're great! Saw the shoes at Running Room and thought "no way" but then they grew on me and it was also time to challenge my colour palette a touch as well. So, thanks again, I enjoy your blog and have all the new ones e-mailed. Take care and happy running!

      Delete