Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My Running Room Experience and My Super Power: Part Two

   Okay, gang, this is going to be a little anti-climactic here.
   A few days ago I did a post in which I described my recent visit to our local Running Room here in London, in search of new shoes. If you want to get caught up, you can read that post here.
   As you remember, I'd had rather an unfortunate visit to the RR wherein I'd come across shoes which were incorrectly displayed on their wall, found out what the mistake was when I got home, went back, had it corrected and ordered the shoes I wanted. I had hinted that maybe a bit of a break, price-wise, on my shoes might be appropriate but I was kind of pooh-poohed by the store staff that day. I was then then  left with a wait until the shoes I wanted arrived from Waterloo. That's where we were at the end of the last post.
   To update, the shoes came in much sooner than the store originally promised and the they contacted me promptly.
   When I went in, there was a whole new set of staff to deal with. This made it a little more difficult to plead my case, of course and, eventually, I just paid the extra ten bucks for the shoes and went my way.
   Interestingly, I had mixed reviews on the approach I should use with the RR--everything from "shit happens, don't worry about it" to "hey, they're a big business, you should write a letter to the owner".
   Part of the problem for me was that I ended up not feeling prepared enough, as a customer, when I went in. I knew the name of the shoe I wanted to try on when I went into the store but got too easily confused when I came across the mis-labelling. I probably should have had them check their own website before I walked out of the store with shoes that really weren't the ones I wanted.
   The other part of the problem was that the price difference was only ten bucks and ten bucks doesn't seem like an amount to really bitch about, especially when you've got a whack of gift cards at your disposal. On top of everything else, I've only ever had positive experiences at this RR. So I paid the extra and headed home, still pretty satisfied. Hey, new shoes!
   Now, if Blogger was allowing me to upload pics, I'd be able to actually show you the new kicks but, sadly, this is not the case. Blogger's been less than friendly lately with pics and I'm actually thinking about a switch....
   Are you listening, Blogger....??


   Any views on Blogger vs. Wordpress, peeps?

4 comments:

  1. Would love to see the shoes! I had a BlogSpot blog but it was so quirky/buggy that I switched to word press.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still working on that "shoes" pic, Michelle! I had already been considering revamping the blog pretty extensively and, lately, haven't been too happy with Blogger, time for a change maybe! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see the new shoes Brian! I had trouble with uploading a year or so ago and solved it by limiting to one post on the homepage. It looks like you have that already. Have you looked at the solutions here? https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/blogger/FPfXRBJjiAk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Michelle, I think I actually fixed the issue myself last night so I hope to get shoe pics posted soon!

    ReplyDelete