Monday, March 11, 2013

Back too soon?

   Today I hit the streets once more. For the last almost two weeks I've been on the shelf, running-wise, due to plantar fasciitis (p-fash). Recently, I've been feeling well enough to give it another shot.


What I might have to start doing...
    The run has gotten mixed reviews. I found myself needing to stop and walk three or four times and did not actually complete the 5k I'd originally set out to run. On top of that, my heel is bothering me once again this evening. I imagine the sternest test will be in the morning when I try and walk on it again.
   I'm not sure whether I'm kicking myself or not. What I did today was simply give in to the urge to run again when, in fact, I know I was not one hundred percent healthy. As good as I've been feeling the past week or so, I also knew there was still a hint of tenderness in the heel area.
   So this afternoon may have been a bit of a learning experience. Tomorrow will tell.
   I really hope I don't become a p-fash expert....

No comments:

Post a Comment