Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Birthday!

   My birthday rolled around while I was in the middle of being on the shelf, running-wise. This was bittersweet in a funny kind of way--I received some wonderful running-related presents but was unable to utilise them to their full extent. At the same time, it took my focus a little away from being depressed about the lack of running and gave me something else with which to obsess about until I can get out again on a regular basis.
Just a little out of my colour scheme...
   I got some Running Room gift certificates and this has paved the way for being able to buy new shoes. My current shoes already had holes in them before I started into running back in August and they have only depreciated since then. It will be so nice to be running on new shoes! After some consultation with the staff at the Running Room I finally ended up choosing a pair of Nike Air Pegasus+29's. I ended up choosing the neon colour you see pictured. This is a huge departure from any other colour scheme I've ever been comfortable with and I'm kind of excited about it.
   I also got a Runner's World magazine which has helped quaff my running thirst and, at the same time, whet my appetite. It even has an article about gluten-free stuff!
...but then right back into it!
   Finally, my Sweetheart gave me a Garmin running watch, the Forerunner 410. I'd been wanting one of these for the longest time but, given everything else I needed, it was just not feasible. Now, however, I will be able to GPS myself, time laps, run against a virtual partner, create alarms and a whole host of other things I haven't even been able to find out about yet. Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment