Monday, June 23, 2014

Go the Distance 10K Remiss-nance

   In my probably somewhat dehydrated state as I was doing yesterday's re-cap, I was extremely remiss and forgot to touch on a couple of things!
   I never did really mention what my time was. I think I left this out mainly because it was pretty insignificant to me, I was way more focused on simply finishing the race without embarrassing myself. Well, my time was 1:20. Not good, I know. At the same time it was pretty well bang-on with the other two times I've completed 10K, running on my own and in probably easier (read much cooler) conditions. Yesterday, it was in the high seventies with no cloud cover and I remember that by the third water station I was holding an e-load in one hand, which I drank, and a water in my other hand, which went over my head (should have removed my glasses first!)
   Another thing to touch on is that I am fat! Woo hoo! Nothing like a side pic taken by my Sweetie at the start line to visually remind me of this!

That's me at the back, neon shirt and white cap. The tip of my gut is thankfully hidden from view
but I think if you just extrapolate a bit you'll get the gist of things! Back to running more regularly!!





 
 
   I also didn't mention that this race was part of the London Honda Road Race series, a series of six races over the running season. Each race collects pledges for local charities and yesterday's race was dedicated to Hope's Garden. Hope's Garden is a support and resource centre for people with eating disorders. Here is a pic of their brochure and a link, just in case you're a "local" and might be interested in getting more info (or donating!)


                                 www.hopesgarden.org

   Okay, I think that about sums it up for my remiss-nance! Thanks to the many of you who offered support and words of wisdom as I whined and fretted in the lead-up to this 10K and then afterwards as well. Also, many thanks to my sweetie, Doralyn, who got me there and back safely yesterday (and who generally gets me there and back in most of the aspects of our relationship!)
   In the meantime, happy and healthy running to you all!




1 comment:

  1. Don't be silly. Who says a 1:20 10K race isn't good? Not every race is your "A" one. You can't expect to be a rockstar at every start line. You have a life and family. Now if you were a sponsored athlete ... lol ... .Seriously good on you!

    ReplyDelete